Saturday, May 21, 2005

Over, It Is

It is the end of an epoch, a saga nearly as old as me. I watched the final Star Wars.. the way it should be watched - waiting in line with costumed diehards, celebrating the run up to the movie raucously till the opening credits at 12:01 hushed the halls into abrupt silence. Yes I’m a fan, and I stood by Star Wars through two lackluster episodes. And I have come out feeling somewhat redeemed; so what if I went in determined to love the movie!

It’s always quite an experience, going in to watch the premiere of any Star Wars, the lengths that some fans go to with the costumes is quite commendable. They willingly pose for some quick pictures, do their best impressions for the video cameras, and some of them even break into impressive saber fights with their light sabers.

I will not dwell on the philosophies that I have often contemplated about the Jedi, the Siths, the motivation of the characters and all the stories lost to the ones who have only followed the movie and not much more. Nor would I launch into a movie review, twisting thumbs up or down. I just had to express this bizarre sense of contentment I’m feeling, like one has after a particularly gratifying feast.

Oh yeah.. here comes the cliché –
May The Force Be With You

Some sights from the première:


Star Wars

Star Wars

Star Wars

Star Wars

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home