Thursday, April 28, 2005

Silent Scream

Up at sunrise, I don my daily garb
Pick that coat, pull up these shoes
And slip on my cheery face..

Through the daily grind I grin
Nary a frown, no wrinkle of worry
The mask maintains is façade of bliss

Your thoughts nag you, my ears are yours
You lie enervated, I lend you my shoulder
The world engulfs you, but I am your rock
Is that a tear? My sleeve shall wipe it

At dusk I’m weary, my face is as stoic
As I peel it off, my drained emotions erupt
I lie down alone, a silent scream rings out
Why do you presume, with no thought after
A listener, a crutch, a rock, I may be
So all I get are the rants, the questions, the anguish?

Unwrap me and touch me, my second skin contorts
I take it all into my abyss, but where do I vent?
At last it has worn me, slowly I drift away
To waken the next morn, and slip on my face..

1 Comments:

Blogger IdeaSmith says...

And there are those who will hear you even when you don't scream...and hold you in the silence. Don't forget.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home