Thursday, August 04, 2005

Asphyx

Ensconced in a constricting sac
Muted voices, swathed in placenta
Night and day, months on end
I was snug and secure
.
.
.
.
Limbs stretched out, in a six foot box
Arms crossed over, six feet under
Night and day, eons on end
I will be restful, contented

. . . .

............As I live and breathe, under open skies
............No restricting grasp, no confining walls
............I asphyxiate with every second that passes
............
So vulnerableā€¦ So bareā€¦

4 Comments:

Blogger S.L. Corsua says...

The beginning, the end, and the in-between...

I was snug and secure

I will be restful, contented

I asphyxiate with every second that passes


And the irony in the relationship between "space" and "peace within."

You have captured everything so well. I feel that life (ahh, yes, and mine) has been laid out on a table with three cards that spell a fact spanning millenia of mortal discontent.

Sigh. I am in complete awe of the ponderings your pen bleeds... ^_^

2:26 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith says...

Good thought and interestingly put, as always.

Hope you're doing okay.

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Soulless.. You are much too kind! I'm also amazed and pleased that you understand my random rants so well.

Smithy.. 'course I'm doing okay, I always land on my feet, all four of them!:)

11:33 AM  
Blogger IdeaSmith says...

Ah...I thought it was cats that did that, not bats ;P

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home